A dynamic and changing relationship
In this 25-minute video, VCE Media teacher Brett Lamb discusses the dynamic and changing relationship between media and audiences. This video is a terrific primer for teaching this aspect of ‘Agency and Control in and of the Media’ as part of VCE Media Unit 4.
The video looks at:
- the complex relationship between media and audiences, including the shifting power dynamic between individuals and institutions
- the rise of participatory culture
- claims of audience agency
- traditional means of distribution versus spreadability
- new modes of consumption and reception, focusing on television.
Click here to purchase a one year rental of this video from The Education Shop.