The mass media play an important role in our lives. Our society is saturated with media forms – television, newspapers, magazines, radio, the internet. The rise in portable media devices like latops, tablets and smart phones means that we’re never too far away from a constant flow of information and entertainment.
It’s interesting to consider how much of your life you spend consuming media texts
According to we are social, the amount of time that people use the internet continues to increase. On average, we spend about 40 hours a week using the internet. According to the report, every day we spend:
- 5 hours 41 minutes using the internet
- 1 hour 44 minutes using social media
- 3 hours 15 minutes watching television
- 1 hour 8 minutes streaming music
- 50 minutes using a gaming console
Click here to calculate the amount of time you’ll spend using the mass media over your lifetime.